1.22.2015

What is a Hoosier with Guest Blogger Megan!

While we are out for the week exploring the wonderful world of Disney i thought it would be fun to share a guest post!  Megan is a friend that I met through The City Moms!  She's fun,sweet and a transplant Hoosier.  So here's Megan! 

This is my first time guest blogging for someone and I have to admit, I am a bit nervous.  I have been trying to think of a fun, witty way to start this post about being a Hoosier and I cannot think of a darn thing.  I want to come across as a funny gal who leaves you laughing your head off but who am I kidding?  That is so not me – at least, not when it comes to blogging (but in person, you bet. You will pee your pants).  But enough about me.  Lets get down to it. 

Did you know that there is no real meaning for the word “Hoosier”?  According to the Indiana History website (www.indianahistory.org) no one really knows how the word came to be.  Even dictionary.com really doesn’t have anything.  ‘Resident of Indiana’ is the common answer.  Well that, to me, just isn’t enough.  Here is my Top 5 list of things that make Hoosiers… well, Hoosiers: 

1. We help people – if you’re struggling in any way you know someone nearby will be willing to assist you.  
2. We work hard – people in the Midwest don’t just get by. They work their asses off to get where they want to be. 
3. We love our food – cheese. Mushrooms. Fried cheese or mushrooms? Say no more. 
4. We are friendly – you will never know a stranger around here, that’s for sure. 
5. They are HORRIBLE drivers (I say ‘They’ because I’m originally from Illinois) – just take a drive down i69. You’ll see what I mean.



-Megan!

You can find Megan on Twitter!  Go follow her now  :)
Her blog is coming soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...