11.25.2009

Wedding Planning Trip Home Part II (Bakeries — Boo)

Then we went to Hall’s Takes the Cake. Bad Customer Service. That’s all I have to say. We weren’t even greeted. We were told to sit down. Most placese ask if you are there for an appointment or will say “oh, are you (last name or first name)?” No, Nothing, Notta! We got “Sit Down.” THEN…when I showed them a picture of the cake I am looking at they told me I would have to provide a part of it and I asked why. “Well, because we don’t make those…they aren’t edible you know.” Oh, I said…well, actually these ones are, but that’s ok. The lady was VERY Rude to me about these darn brooches which Cakegirls made. I watched them do it on Amazing Wedding Cakes. If you go to their website it’s the last cake on the second page of wedding cakes. It’s got three big bows with brooches in the middle of them. I LOVE THIS CAKE!!! It looks vintage and elegant and when I saw it I had to have it.

But when I said they were edible the ladies behind the counter were then fairly nasty to me and asked “well then how did they make them?!?!” I said, well I don’t remember exactly, but with some sort of sugar base, sugar pearls, and then they were dusted with silver sugar dust. I just couldn’t believe they couldn’t come up with something. Make a sugar cookie and decorate it for all I care! I probably wouldn’t know the difference. Needless to say, we won’t be buying a cake from them. And the icing was awful! The almond cake was good, but the icing was awful. Sorry Hall’s takes the cake, but you are out for me.
Then on Saturday, we headed over to the Nutcraker Sweet Shoppe (no website). FAIL. I had called earlier in the week and was told that they didn’t take appointments. At that point of the call I was hung up on. I should have taken that as a sign. I was asking the weekend hours before I figured out that no one was on the other line anymore. So I called back and they told me 9-5 on Friday and 9-6 on Saturday. Easy enough… We went at 3 on Saturday and they were closed. What?!? Are you kidding me?!? I called and checked and you told me you’d be open! So my mom headed up to the door because she saw someone walking around in there. She opened the door which was apparently still unlocked and asked if we could come in thinking that maybe they had just closed and the girl says, “WE ARE CLOSED!” So my mom explained that I had called and was told that they were open until 6 and I had driven 2 hours to get there and blah blah blah and the girl goes, “Well I am leaving.” Again…Needless to say, we won’t be buying a cake from you either.
So the cake hunt continues. At least there’s time for this.
Brooch cakes are my fave! Here are some other beautiful cakes to look at below!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...