3.06.2013

DIY Cake Stands, Part 2 & A Winner

Happy Monday... or is it... Oh, crap -- it's now Wednesday!
It's already been one long morning for me... See what the week has done to me?!?
It's freezing outside, we had about 6 inches of snow last night, I didn't want to get out of bed, and now I have to work... hard.
But we fight on, right?!?

This weekend was the big 1st Birthday party at our house for Baby Kakes.  She cracks me up.  Like it wasn't enough that I was out of town all day Saturday and Mr K was gone all weekend too, I threw in a Birthday Party. Not the intentional game plan...

Party recap will have to come tomorrow, but for now, let's finish up these cake stands!

So we left off with everything painted.  I ended up doing a couple of coats because I'm not sure if it was too cold or if the project just didn't like me, but it was not sticking initially... or it could have been too that next time I will grab plain old white plates so that patterns do not have to be covered up..

This leaves a ring of white on the backside of the plates.
This is where you will apply the adhesive...
I don't have a picture of this, unfortunately, because me and my procrastination fascination...well, let's just say I was up until about 5:30am Sunday morning trying to finish things for the party...ugh.

Here they are in the end...




Here's what we started with...





And here's the final product! 


I loved how they looked on the table and how I'll be able to reuse them!  I love love love the green ones!  The pink might get a different spray come spring and might then take up residence above my cabinets.

This was a super easy project that would make a great gift if you know someone who likes to entertain!  Or, decor for whatever you'd like! 

AND NOW FOR THE WINNER
of the Stella & Dot Giveaway!!!

It was a pretty easy selection seeing as Rae at Throu The Haze was the only one to enter and entered 3x!!!  Yay for you!  I'll be emailing you today to find out if you'd like the $25 gift card or the Izzy Little Girls set! 

Thanks to everyone for stopping by!  And congrats to our winner! 

xoxo,

2 comments:

Jess said...

They turned out absolutely gorgeous. Great job!

throuthehaze said...

Thank you! I didn't get an email from you, but I would love the Stella & Dot gc please.
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...