9.04.2013

Reading Nook

This past weekend was a whirlwind.  I don't remember when it started, but honestly I was secretly hoping it would end.  Don't tell anyone... We had company all weekend which I love, but I think I needed more veg time.  My Sister came and to visit from Thursday thru Saturday, then followed by my mom and brother from Saturday thru Monday, and then followed by Mr K's parents on Monday.  Needless to say I didn't get much accomplished on my to-do list.

My hubby and I are waiting on hockey money to start coming in so we are running kind of low on dough for a little while and honestly there is enough stuff in my house for me to work on projects for probably at least 6 months.  So I've recently been scavenging the house to try to finish PlayLand and put some finishing touches on other rooms in the house without really spending a penny.  Seriously -- We have spray paint, sand paper, paint, wax, etc... enough to keep me busy... I think...

But after everyone left last night and I created tags for some items for a consigner sale,


I did have time to work on a corner that's been bugging me for a long time.  It's the corner right outside of our bedroom, but I'm still considering it PlayLand.  I did have the doll house here, but it seemed croweded and dark for some reason, plus the table I had it on will soon be in E's room (hopefully - another project) and was too high for her to play with the upper levels.  On a side note, should I be worried that she enjoys throwing everything down the stairs?  Everything -- like the people and furniture?  Hmm....

 

This K I've had forever.  I painted it and it used to sit at the top of our stairs with no real purpose.  These Lucite bookshelves I purchased for E's Nursery and they never made their way up.  I'm not sure why but probably because her room is much smaller than my mind would like to think.  However, I am pretty sure I like them here much better than anywhere they would have ended up in there.  Then we have her random bean bag chair which I always thought I wanted to replace, but now I'm kind of loving it in the comfy corner reading nook.  It works over here and the colors all go so well together.   

I don't even think my husband noticed at first until this happened and I called him up to check her out. 


Even Froggie likes it too...


Hope you all had a lovely Labor Day weekend!  I can't wait until I have a lake house (#wishfulthinking)!

xoxo,
Abby

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...