5.24.2011

Minor Bedroom Changes

Do any of you remember my bedroom?  It's painful. 
I think it gets more and more painful every time I look at it. 


Painful, I know right?!?!  Like...woah!

Most painful part?  The major pieces of furniture that do not go together!
A five drawer dresser from Goodwill and a six drawer dresser from IKEA are enough to make me cringe each and every time I walk in there.  I don't so much mind my side tables and/or bed, but definitely have upgrades in mind when the time is right. 

In the meantime, I've made a few changes to my bedroom.  Actually after looking at that top collage of my bedroom, it looks like a totally different room.  It's still an ever evolving set of items but there have been a few noticeable updates. 

A few weeks ago I posted about the change in the comforter...
It's a Thomas O'Brien from Target.  I think I love it.  I got it in the King Size for the Queen Size bed and it drapes to the floor very nicely. 



The curtains...
Remember these goldy-ish colored set.  They started in my living room and when my mom gave me the old comforter set by Nicole Miller, they made their way up the stairs and onto my bedroom windows.  Well, with the change of the comforter, the goldy-ish drapes were too sheeny. 


So I took them from the above...
To these...
Drop cloths...



I've even hung them higher since these were taken.
Love them.
And hoping to paint a loopy detail or a chevron pattern along the bottom.

Cheap Art.

I saw three sayings on canvas on another blog, made by an artist.  I decided to type them out, and print them up... I made a couple of little frames to put around my house... Here's the one in the bedroom.
It sits next to Mike's side. 


I've also moved my DIY Star burst mirror from the front hallway to over the bed.  I did have to trim it down a little, but I think it works better with the colors in the bedroom....although it might be a crazy good pop downstairs on my new chocolate brown wall.  Things that make me go hmmm...

And you may notice those loopy canvas' on either side of the bed.  I made those a while back.  Actually a long while back.  They used to hang on the wall to the left in this picture below, but I actually quite love the set up at the moment where they hang in relation to the mirror.    They were inspired by a print I used to love at Ballard Designs and I thought for sure I could do myself... WRONG, but I kind of love the outcome.  What do you think?

So, there she is...
In the daylight...

And in the moodlight...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...