11.18.2014

DIY Lettered Canvas

Is it weird that I'm always picking up used canvases?  
Because I do.  
I see potential in them.  


Last week I sneaked at something I was working on my Instagram account.  

It started like this... 


Not so pretty.  But I just painted over it with some white and cream paint. 


It did take a few tries to get the pink highlighter color to be fully covered. 
So 3 coats is what I ended up doing. 


Then I found some inspiration on Pinterest and Google Images...




1 // 2 // 3


And then just started going freehand and this is how it turned out...










And here it is on the growing black and white gallery wall that is now in my bedroom...
Work in progress..



I think it still needs a border or accents or something, but for now, it works.








2 comments:

Laura Irion // Avery Street Design said...

It's adorable! I can't believe you free-handed that- bravo girl! Thanks so much for linking up to Found & Foraged...hope to see you again this Saturday. And the gallery wall is looking great!

Kyla @HouseOfHipsters said...

Hi Abby! I still just LOVE this! I too, as Laura said, am floored you free hand drew this! Awesome job!I wanted to personally stop by and thank you for linking up at the Found & Foraged debut party! It was a complete success! We hope to see you again Saturday night at 8PM! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...