1.19.2012

Thrifty Thursday { Textured Vases }

It's been a while since I did a Thrifty Thursday.  I need to get back into it!  These are always fun.

I was super inspired by Living Savvy's No Spend Challenge she completed the other day! 
You can check it out here

Basically, she took vases that she already had at home and took them from plain jane to fabulous all with just a little glue!  Look!

via

So I decided to give this one a try.  Since I have nothing to do after work now for the next couple of weeks or until the baby comes, I thought why not try something that I should have at home all ready to go! 

I did decide to run into goodwill to see if they had any cute, plain vases to use, but the glue gun was at home.  Found these....


So, here's what I came up with...



I got really tired and unmotivated so I didn't finish the second.  Ooops!  Plus, I was a little disappointed in how they were turning out.  I think it might be time for a new glue gun.  I was getting frustrated with mine because it seemed to not be getting hot enough! 


You can see that I started to attempt the other one, but 9 months pregnant and trying to find a comfortable place to craft while sitting wasn't working in my favor!!! 
I got bored, tired, and super uncomfortable really quickly. 

But I do really love the first.  It's got a unique look to it.  I'm sure I'll find a home for it soon!

Linking up over at Somewhat Simple today!!!

Somewhat Simple
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...