1.24.2012

Wal-Mart Sectional Options

So I've shown you my loft recently... it's a hot mess. 
A hot mess of un-coordinating pieces that don't match look good or really even fit the space...

In it's defense, this was prior to painting.  It looks a lot different now. 
I need to actually update my photo of the loft! 

Yep, a hot mess.

So, I've been looking (and secretly saving) up for at least a new sofa up there as we currently have a sofa that looks like a futon but isn't...

Mr. K doesn't know about my secret stash so lets keep that between you and me.  And I am holding off for a little while longer to see how much little Baby Kake's costs me... because this secret stash might have to go to her! 

But I've been seeking out "smart" solutions.  I need something under $600 because I'm cheap.  I've been scouring Craigslist like a crazy person hoping that I'll find a gem for about $300-$400 again, because I'm cheap, but so far no luck. 

So... remember when Nate Berkus did that Living Room Make-Over with Oprah all by using items found on Wal-Mart.com?  Ok, me either really because at that point I wasn't really into Oprah... it was more Dawson's Creek and Real World and if you want me to compare talk shows it was Rosie O'Donnell Show all the way over Oprah.  But I do remember hearing my mom talk about it and how she couldn't believe how it turned out!  She was so impressed that Wal-Mart.com had all these options!!! 

He took this:
via

To this:
via

Not really my style, but they've come a long way since then - I believe this was in 2006.  So... naturally when I started looking for sectionals, Wal-Mart never crossed my mind.  Hah! 

But, they do have these two that I'm seriously considering...

The first one is BHG Slip Cover chaise Sectional in Chocolate.  First, I love the look.  It's exactly what I'm looking for.  Shape, Size, Color, and Price!  Check, Check, Check, and Check! 

via
It is $599 though and that's not including shipping.  Kind of a bummer when I'm going to be missing my supplemental income for at least a month here with the babe.  Which is why I'm trying to watch my pennies...

Then there's this one:

via

Another great option at $399, but again without the cost of shipping.  Actually this one could be without the cost of shipping because it will ship Site to Store - a feature I love about Wal-Mart.  However, there are some cons to this bad boy.  Sure, the price is a true pro, but I feel like this one doesn't look as comfortable nor does it look as well constructed as the other.  It looks cheaper.  There, I said it.  It does though and probably because it is.  But, beggars can't be choosers... although I think you get a lot more for your money with option #1. 

So, I continue on my quest to finish up my loft.  I'm going to try to keep the Sectional as the only expensive piece in there.  We'll see how that goes... Maybe if I wait long enough, Craigslist will pull through.

And on a side note... Nursery is DONE!!!  Look for the reveal later this week. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...