9.12.2014

Friday Favorite :: House of Fifty / Isabella & Max Designs

One of my favorite blogs out there {and has been for a while} is House of Fifty.  Janelle always has such a keen sense of color, chic, and the unexpected. I also love that she's pretty much not really afraid to tackle anything. 

Recently she and her husband downsized to a new home. I popped on this morning to look at her blog and found this picture of the new gallery wall hanging in her master bedroom. Funny thing -- I just finished up one in my master bedroom that's not yet ready to share. 

via
In her old home this (below) was probably my favorite room - the office. I love how she changed a Hoosier cabinet into a cute little writing desk and hung dark frames on dark walls. The color is so warm and comfy. And you can't see it in this picture but she also has this amazing aztec-ish animal bench that I would totally steal if I visit ever visited. Ever since I saw it in this room I've been on the hunt. 

via

I remember when she ordered this bench from overstock (I think) and then totally did an overhaul on it. I thought she was a little bit crazy at that point but in the end I totally love that decision. She knew what she wanted and went for it!  But that's what I'm talking about spending a decent amount of money on something in the totally changing it as soon as you get it - no fear. 

via

And I love the stencil on that wall that goes up the stairs it's a perfect place so it's not too much not too little, just right. 

And she's probably my favorite queen of DIY. She was the inspiration for my own starburst mirror and I love how she does these faux zink letters just by getting the cardboard ones from Joanne fabrics. 
via
I can't wait to see what she does with her new home. Already she's done amazing things like tackle her front door, her kitchen, and the mantle on her fireplace. 

via

She's got design guts and I like it!  Which is why she's one of my Friday favorites!  Make sure you hop on over and check out her blog!  I promise it won't disappoint! 

Happy Friday!

Xoxo

*All pictures are from House of Fifty*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...