1.11.2010

Checklists will never go away!

I feel like I'm getting nothing done when I look at my knot.com checklist.  It's got so many things with ticking timebombs and undone items!  Then I go through the items. 
  • Start taking better care of yourself. Get in wedding day shape by eating right, joining a gym, and/or even hiring a personal trainer.  -- Started.  I think the Mini Marathon Training should work on this...now if we could only get Mike on board. 
  • Sign your catering contract and send in a deposit.  -- You have to use the caterer that goes with the reception hall and we've already talked to them.  Probably need to discuss deposits with them soon. 
  • Envision your wedding flowers and set up appointments with wedding florists in the area to discuss options. -- I think I'm going to tackle this myself with a mix of silk and fresh and the inspriation of JL designs
  • Start looking for and auditioning local reception bands or DJs. -- This is all in Mike's hands.  He was supposed to call the DJ 2 weeks ago.  I'd better lay down the law soon. 
  • Set up appointments with various florists to discuss options.  -- Maybe we'll call for a bouquet.  I love the bouquet seen here
  • Decide on your officiant and set up a meeting to plan the wedding ceremony and talk about any religious requirements (such as premarital counseling).  -- We are doing the Catholic Ceremony (so far).  I'm hoping for no more glitches, but we'll see.  I feel like they are all over along the way.  Ugh.  Next step is meeting with the big priest to go over our FOCUS results...hopefully we are semi-compatible. 
  • Choose your florist and send a deposit to reserve their services. -- I choose me, ikea, some rentals, some ti leaves, some orchids, some succulents, some manzanita trees, and some other green flowers.
  • Have engagement photos taken (if you want). This is a great opportunity to get comfortable with your photographer before the wedding day.  -- Going to get another set done.  It came with our "package" through Amanda Wilcher Photoghraphers.  I can't wait to get to see Amanda and Kyle again before the big day and get some AMAZING pictures taken!
  • Start researching ceremony musicians in your area and listening to demos. Also start forming an idea of what style of ceremony music you want, and any specific songs you’re looking for.  -- I think this comes with the church, but it's on a list of questions to ask next Friday!
  • Book your reception band or DJ, sign the reception music contract, and send a deposit. -- MIKE!!!
  • Set aside blocks of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.  -- Another Mike Task since I have no negotiating skills whatsoever!
  • Fill out your wedding registry, and don't forget to include some choices appropriate for your upcoming bridal shower. -- I filled out some Crate and Barrel items last week as you can see from recent postings!  I heart that store.  Next up Bed Bath and Beyond and Macy's.  :)
  • Start planning the rehearsal dinner. Look for rehearsal dinner sites in your area and provide the host with contact information for your attendants and any other guests. -- Darla is going to do this although I have some great ideas.  Maybe those will be in some upcoming posts! 
  • Start working on your invitation wording and design. -- The invitations are done they just need to be printed and put together!  And some of the extra pieces need to be ordred, but this could be checked off. 
  • Finalize your invitation wording. -- goes with above.
  • Finalize the reception menu and service details with the caterer. -- The menu is about finished...I think we just need to sit down with the Caterers and decide what is best and taste everything a bit.  I can't wait for that part.  :) 
So basically everything is checked or at least halfway checked off. I feel like there is so much more to do than this list though and I can't even begin to fathom how it will all come together, but hopefully it will.  I feel like i'm doing a really good job on my own.  I think the next things to order are going to be the flower girl dresses and the bridesmaid shoes!  I'll post on those soon! 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...