1.09.2010

Being Supportive

Do you ever have those moments where the very last thing you want to do is the thing you know you really should do or have to do? Well, I couldn't remember the last hockey game I'd been to so after spending 4 hours at the rinks this morning I decided that I should play supportive fiancé tonight and go to Mike's hockey game.



Mike doesn't play anymore...he just coaches. Going to hockey games for me is like pulling teeth, unless they are NHL and we are sitting in the 1st or 2nd row. They are the longest 3-15 minute periods ever. The refereeing is AWFUL, the skating is sometimes...well, usually awful, and there are almost always those parents that are just are painful.  

Well tonight's experience did not disappoint. I took a nap today and woke up just in time to make it in the car with Mike. We have to get there an hour early (I told you this is me playing the supportive role...I sit by myself for an hour) so I sat and read. When the warm-ups started, I had picked a good spot right behind the goal and I know it had been a long time since I have been to a game because every puck that missed the net and hit the glass or boards made me jump and that was a lot. Then some obnoxious people came and stood to my right. I don't know if they came to watch the game or to hear their own voices for the next hour and fifteen minutes because they talked for the entire game! Someone shoot me! I kept glaring at them hoping they'd get the point, but no such luck!  


(This is me at a game last year I think, but this is how I always feel watching these games...They really captured me correctly!)

Then Mike's team lost 1-4. They are having a rough year. I don't know if Mike is lucky to have me or screwed to have me as a fiancé and future wife because there are things that I can contribute when it comes to a play by play on the way home. I know some of it he doesn't want to hear, but sometimes I am a great asset! I swear that we should coach a team together, but I don't know how well that would work out. We'd have one hell of a team, but our relationship might suffer... But our team would kick some ass.  

So that was might night of being the supportive fiancé. I didn't want to go to the rink and freeze my butt off, but I did and in doing so I saw Mike lose another hockey game and I got to be supportive in more ways than one. And get your mind out of the gutter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...