2.09.2011

Pasta Time

For our wedding registry the first item I put on it was a Kitchen Aid Mixer.  I was told I had to have one.  And lets be honest, I knew I wanted one with how much we cook around here.  Plus, the possibilities with this bad boy are endless! 

We got it from my grandparents...in a beautiful graphite color.  We use it all the time.  And for the holidays this year, I got Mike the pasta making attachment because he wanted it so bad!  I swear Mike comes from an Italian background....although we aren't really sure on that, but he's got dark hair, he loves the mafia history stuff, he loves to cook, and his specialty is pizza... I think it's a given, right?!?

So Saturday I came home from skating to find the dough being made, and the pasta getting ready to be pressed! Here's how it went... As you might be able to tell, it did not start off so hot.

The beginning...

Not looking so hot...

Mike clearly questioning what is happening...

He thinks he's figured it out!



And he did...

So we had homemade pasta and homemade sauce at our house for dinner!  Yummy!
Have any of you made your own pasta?  Or used your KitchenAid's for anything other than mixing?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...