4.19.2011

The Reveal - Michael's Room

Ok, so I don't have a before picture because my mom had already started painting when I got there to meet her. Just Imagine a room with Pink on the bottom and on all the trim and lavender on the top 1/4 of the wall and ceiling. Yes, I did this when I was still in high school. Wait. I take that back. I did the purple part... thought it would be cool... The ALL pink was killing me. And when you think of pink... think of bubble gum pink.  Then add some pictures black and white pictures of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, my The Cutting Edge Movie poster, some random soccer items left over from my sister and a daybed with pink, green, and purple colors throughout. Got a good picture in your head?!?  Ok, hold that!

My little brother moved in there a couple years ago when my sister moved away for college because it was a bigger room. He just dealt with the crazy girlie colors but never took his friends up there! They always went to the basement! lol.

NOW he can have his friends over and it's an actual boys room! We kind of love it! There are still a few details to be added, but I couldn't wait any longer to show you! So without further aduex (<- Question on the spelling)... Here he is!!



Desk made from two closet maid shelving cubes for a closet and other organization
and two Ikea lack shelves slapped together.


Found these little guys at goodwill.  They originally had all kinds of color on them, but I spray painted them white.  The one did come with a head, but lost it during transportation.  I call it a battle wound. 


A coat tree that we had in the garage spray painted to match the lamp. 


Lamp from goodwill, shade from my closet recovered in burlap. 
We found the headboards on craigslist.


I ordered the flag from eBay thinking it was smaller to go above one of the beds... oops! 
Apparently it's a 3x5 and is enormous!  So for now it hangs in the closet. 
The globe is from Target and the dresser is an antique from one of our Great Aunts. 
It used to be in my parent's room. 


The green chair is an antique that we found in the garage as well.  Just cleaned it off a bit.  Paint is chipping and it wobbles just a little, but that can be fixed.  It's a perfect fit. 


My mom found these rugs at Big Lots.  This is two 4x6s or 5x7s put together.  It's a good alternative to the Ikea one we put on the mood board. 


Window coverings are from Target. 


Vintage license plates from my Grandpa's (now my dad's) collection. 
They still have a bit of dirt on them. 
LOVE THESE!!! 


And there you have it! 
Still needs a little bit of artwork on the walls, but I'd say a much better fit already for a growing boy! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...