4.06.2011

Brass to Sass

You all know about this room I'm working on with my mother for my brother... he better be grateful.  Or at least as grateful as a 13 year old can be, right? 

One of the projects I took on for this room was a new/old lamp.  I thought there was no reason to spend $30-$40 on a new lamp when I could make one for way less... There are a lot of different ways to make lamps these days, but I decided to spray paint a brass one. 

I'm so horrible at documenting my projects through photos that I forgot to take a before picture.  So, this picture from another blog is how my lamp basically started! 

Before (well, if I had a before picture it would look something like this):


I took a brass lamp that I found at Goodwill fo $2.99 (originally $5.99, but it was half off of that color day) and I just took spray paint to it with a fun and funky pop of color.  I chose an aqua spray paint.  I wanted more of a turquoise, but it didn't come in a spray paint.  So... I took a lamp from Brass to Sass in two coats of spray paint!

After:


I am in love with this lamp!  I am going to do this again and mabye try somethin even more daring?!?  A Kelly Green or a Yellow maybe!?!  Who knows... I don't really have a place for it in my house at the moment, but that doesn't mean I won't do it anyways! 

Wondering about that lampshade?  Check back tomorrow for my quick recap on how I did it! 

1 comment:

Marian said...

Oh I love it. That color is perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...