12.13.2011

12 Days of Christmas { Cookie Decorating }

I thought I'd start a 12 Days of Christmas this year! 
I love the holidays so why not?! 

(sorry for the semi-blurry pic)

I'm hoping to blog CHRISTMAS for 12 straight days starting today! I'll touch on a variety of holiday subjects…everything from decor to art to tablesettings!  AND I'm hoping to link up to some other Holiday Parties so get to getting and join us for the holly jolly days to come! 

*And due to the time crunch, I will be posting on the weekends which I don't normally do...so don't forget to catch up on posts you missed or stop by on Saturday and Sunday!*

Day 1 - COOKIES!  (below)
Day 2 - Wishlists
Day 3 - Tablesetting
Day 4 - Crafts

Day 5 - Interior Decor
Day 6 - Holiday Art and Printables
Day 7 - Christmas Tree(s)
Day 8 - Work Gifting
Day 9 - Skate with Santa
Day 10 - Exterior Decor
Day 11 - Gift Wrapping
Day 12 - Holiday Photos

Who doesn't love a sugar cookie over the holidays? 
Especially one that was iced and decorated by someone you heart!

This weekend (among many other things) I had a small group of girls over to decorate some cookies! 

I supplied the cookies and icing and other treats and they brought the decorating items!  I made just over a hundred gingerbread and sugar cookies the night before and I was exhausted. 

It ended up being a lovely afternoon of eating, being creative, and just hanging out and catching up with the girls! 

Here's just a couple of pictures of the day and all the cookies we came up with!








It was my first cookie decorating paty, I think...
And it was fun!  Althought our decoarting rivals that of 2nd graders, I'm thinking about making it a tradition!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...