3.16.2011

Deposit A Gift

Ahhh... Wedding Wednesday is upon us again. 
When we did our registries, I was trying to think of our guests and what would be most convenient for them. Everyone told me that most people give cash, but I wanted to give them an option.  I choose to make registries at Crate and Barrel, Target, and Macy's.  I didn't advertise any of them, but if people asked, I told. 

Now, looking back, I think any newly married couple might prefer cash gifts.  I know that we could have used money better than some of the gifts we got.  And that's nothing against the gifts...we asked for them... I just think we could have put the gifts to better use if they were cash.  But I think we only got 1 or 2 items that weren't on a registry. Sometimes I think when you go in and register you probably get super excited and scan whatever you think you might want ever... or if you are like me, you have a husband who just goes around and scans EVERYTHING in sight! 

And I don't want you to think we are ungrateful! We appreciate everything we got!  And for us, it really wasn't about the gifts... it was about throwing a great party for our guests!  We must have done something right because everyone still either asks "When are you getting married again?" or tells us "That was a great party!"


But the other day I came across a website called Deposit a Gift.  It looks amazing!  Basically, you create a registry with them, people can deposit monetary gifts to your registry, and then you can cash it out!  You can use the money on whatever!   Isn't that great?!?



I think this is something any soon to be bride should look into!  You never know what you'll need cash for and even though you might want that cute little teapot or set of china, you might get better use out of having the money! 

If I could do it all over again, I'd defintely start a registry here and one with Registry 360 by The Knot.  

Could you have used the cash gifts after your wedding?  I know we could have!  ;)
I mean, who can't find a use for cash? 
Or maybe you did get a good amount... what did you find yourself using it for?

And things will always come up... after spending a ton of mulah on your wedding,
it's nice to have a little stash to count on!

TGIW - Thank god it's Wednesday
Anyone else super bothered by darn daylight savings?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...