3.08.2011

Vertical Gardens

Have you heard of this?  Am I late to hop on this bandwagon?!?  Vertical Gardens...
 And if you knew, why didn't you tell me?!?

I first came across it over at Design Sponge.  They were figuring out how they'd decorate their new patio and they listed this as one of the first things to do! That's right... a garden that hangs on a wall! I'm green with envy.  If only I had a fence to place this on....


via

Anyways you can purchase the DIY panel from Flora Grubb.  I found it here for $99.  I think that's a bit pricey... plus I can't quite figure out the size.  They show 6 panels together and then block off one panel. But to me, $99 seems a bit pricey for one 20x20 panel.  Oh well.  I think there might be another way to do this, but I haven't quite gotten to that yet.  For now, I'm just sharing my findings!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I've heard of vertical gardens before, but I've never seen the plants flat... I've always seen them in pots that were hung to a wall like this:

via

I'm much more satisfied with these that are completely flat to the wall!  And it doesnt' hurt that they are done with succulents either! Here are a few more pictures... Would you do this or do you have one already?  I'd love to hear about it and maybe share some pictures!


via

via
via
via

2 comments:

Sugar & Spice said...

I'm loving this very "green" post!

Kinda makes me want to go out and buy plants!

Unknown said...

I am LOVING this! I haven't seen this before but I love it, and am very much planning on looking further into it! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...