3.31.2011

Michael's Room { Idea Two }

So after making my dream room from yesterday's post, I heard that my brother wanted a basketball theme.  Grrrrr(-eat!).  I told my mom he was messing with my vision.  So I decided to throw together a grown up basketball themed room. 

Below is Michael's Bedroom Option two.  It has basketballs that hang from the ceiling, a chalkboard with a basketball court on it, and Sports Illustrated Pictures for artwork.  Pretty good, huh?  I think it's super cute... but I am in total favor of room uno.  While I think this one might be a bit more creative, I think the other is a better fit and something that won't need to be redone again. 


Dresser - Ikea - $279
Other Dresser - Make from Ikea's Rast - $29
Benches - Target -$207
Basketball Chalkboard - Make - $50(?)
Rug - Ikea - $179
Art - Make - $20 (frames)
Curtains - DropCloth - Make - $20

Total = $991(ish)

While I think this one might be a bit more creative, I think the other is a better fit and something that won't need to be redone again. Still an affordable room and something that could be done for cheaper I'm sure, but I think we've decided on #1!!! YAY!!! I love that room! 

So... here we go... hopefully I'll have recaps to post on Monday! 


6 comments:

Design It Chic said...

This looks very nice! You have some talent there, girl. I just discovered your blog from FTLOB and I'm glad I did. I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Thursday

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing that Anthropologie dresser everywhere! Love it. I'm contemplating doing a version in my son's room.

Both room ideas are lovely! Great job. Found you on FTLOB Thirsty Thursday.

Hyphen Interiors said...

I totally agree. I LOVE the first one, though this one isn't bad. You definitely managed to pull basketball in to the room in a creative way. Good work! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I commented back (on my blog) with a link on how to set the Outlook feed up.

P.S. I would respond directly back to the comment email alert with an email, but your comments come in as no-reply. That can be changed in your blogger profile, I think. (Just in case that is helpful.)

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

I love all the rooms. I wish I had the patience to make the idea boards. I need help decorating my kids rooms, they are so boring right now. I bought contemporary furniture that I like but the inspiration stopped there.

Maybe you should help me come up with ideas for a one year old boy's room and a 5 year old girl's room.

best,

elena

Sara McCarty said...

I like! Super cute ideas! I'm sure he'll love it!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Ohhh this one is fun too Abby!! And it includes everything he loves which is perfect. That dresser with the 1, 2, and 3 is so rad :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...