The Leibster Award is basically a supportive award that is given to new bloggers. While I'm not necessarily a new blogger and I obviously need some blogging support, so hello, Leibster Award!! Haha! And can I just mention that everytime I say Liebster, I think of my sister Libby who sometimes we call Libster, or Elizabit** -- but that's another story.
This award is pretty cool because it focuses on bloggers with 200 followers or less. Like me. It is a great way for smaller blogs like Little Miss Martha to make new friends and share their ideas.
So, here we go.
There are always rules...
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award so show it off! Wink...Wink.
And onto the Questions to Answers...
11 of them....
1. When do you find the time to blog?
HAHA! When? That's right... when DO I find time to blog? Honestly it's usually at night before I got to bed - literally laying in my bed with my laptop on my lap and the tv on trying to catch up on dvr items - or first thing when I get to work in the morning. I try to have everything in line so all I have to do is edit and post if I have to do it in the morning.
2. IF you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
This is a toughie. I'm not sure. It's not that I don't like animals, it's just that I don't really want to be one. I guess I'd pick a turtle. Weird, I know. But I have some weird love for them... probably becasue they are like me with their hard shell on the outside and softness underneath. I tend to keep a guard until I get to know you. Not a mean guard, just a I don't want to get hurt guard. Plus, slow and steady wins the race, right?
3. Describe what you feel when you see your favorite color?
Ok, my favorite color is red, but you will rarely see me in it or see it in my home. I'm not sure why it's even red these days, but I like the boldness of it and the classic feel of it. It's one of the primary colors so I just think I like it because it's original. I can't believe I'm even saying this... hah. Seriously though, it makes me feel happy.
4. What is your favorite television show?
My favorite TV show right now is Shameless, but it's season is over for now. I love the dysfunctionally functional Gallaghers. I love that they do whatever they need to do to get by -- and when it's illegal it makes the show much funnier. Never a dull moment...
5. What one thing would you like your children to take into adulthood?
Work Ethic. I probably should say their creative being or their sense of humor, but I see TONS of kids these days who don't know what it is to work hard. It's annoying. I hope my kids (only one now) know the effort it takes to earn a dollar and that they are willing to do the work necessary to make money.
6. What does your family think of your blog?
My family thinks it's cool that I have a blog, but I don't think that they read it... maybe they do... if you do shout out in the comments people! But it doesn't really matter what they think in the end because I really enjoy it and I like to use it as a creative outlet.
7. What would your dream vacation be?
FIJI -- Not sure why exactly, oh wait, because it looks freaking phenominal!!! Yea, thats right. I've just always had a wierd affination for this place... Hopefully I'll get their someday.
8. What is your favorite midnight snack?
Potato Chips? I could eat them anytime, anywhere! Love them.
9. What daily chore do you despise the most?
Wait, people have time to do daily chores?!? I very much dislike cleaning the bathrooms, but I'm not going to lie -- this doesn't happen daily.
10. What advice would you give to a first time blogger?
Don't give up. I've never really given up, but I've had my inconsistent moments... like recently and then look what happened -- I received this award! There's nothing like the feeling of just letting it out there... I feel like I write things and if people like it great, but I wrote it for me in the end. It's tough, but you can do it! Do it for yourself!
11. If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?
(2) I'd wish to enjoy my job or have my own business that I could enjoy. My job is a job. I get paid well, but man o' man does it every stink... nothing fun, very negative people, at the moment, no room for movement.
(3) I'd wish for all my house projects to be completed -- like voila! Started & Completed. There is a list for when the genie comes around.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have been married for 2.5 years now.
2. I have one little girl who is a spitfire and the love of my life.
3. I used to be a figure skater & actually taught lessons until about 1 year ago.
4. My husband is a hockey player & coach.
5. We won our honeymoon from Brides Magazine.
6. I'm a closet craft hoarder.
7. I have a sewing machine and can't get it to work.
8. We have 2 dogs - Lex the Labradoodle & Louie the Schnoodle.
9. Deep down I want to be the next Martha Stewart.
10. I hate to exercise. Well hate might be an overstatement and I think it's just because I"m usually tired.
11. I'm an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot! But if you read this blog already you might know that. I've actually set a goal to add 4 more people to my team by July - who's in?
And here are my 11 Nominees:
Rosy @ A Joyful Kind of Life
Jess @ View From River Mountain
Melanie @ Messages from the Muellers
Samaa @ Honey Sweet Home
Jean @ Flower Hill Design Company
Diane @ Crave Cute
Lisa @ Team T Adventures
Kiri @ My Lovely Life
Lisa @ A Room With A View
Kirsten @ The Foreign Domestic
Allie @ My Life as a Wife