3.21.2012

Antiquing with Ella

Yesterday I decided to go out on the town...
During the day...
Antiquing...
Yea, my nights out of the town are over but I love looking at old things so I'm ok with that!

I got Ella dressed and fed and plopped her in her car seat so we could head on out and see what we could find.  Look how stinkin' cute she is! 


We were on the mission to find a bench for our pantry.  But while we were out, we found some other things that are so great, I would take them all if I could. 

Starting with some finds for a nursery...

This first rocker is the one I wanted to buy for Ella's nursery.  But, my mom found one just as cute at a festival and purchased it before I purchased this one... Maybe when I have room for a playroom?  Or need another?  It's a super cute rocker that would look amazing in white or gray with a new cushion set. 

Love this little print in a cute scalloped frame.  It's totally adorable for a sweet and girly nursery.




This rocking horse also acts as a bookcase!  haha.  Not sure if it's supposed to, but it does and I love that about it.  I do think it needs a little funkiness added to it - maybe replace the yarn with white and paint the horse hot pink?!?  Hmmm... I might be onto something!

Now for some benches - the real reason we went out.

I found this sweet settee in the basement of one of my favorite stores.  I love it.  I think it's the perfect size for an entryway or nook.  I don't think I'd keep it as is... If I used it in my pantry, I'd paint it black or white and add a striped or chevron seat cushion.  Can you see it?!   


Then I saw this one at another antique store.  I think I'm in love!  However, it's not super practical for a usable piece.  It was a little wobbly and unstable, but the look was super unique.  If I had a place to put this, it would have been home with me in no time but I don't have a place where it wouldn't be sat in very much.



And finally this windsor bench.  This I could see in a funky color like plum or teal for the top of my stairs, but it's a little big for that space.  I seriously need a bigger, more unique home! 


And some random WANTS!

This card catalog.  I want it. No, I need it.  Again, I don't really have a space for it at the moment, but I could find one if this showed up on my doorstep!  Seriously, this needs to come home with me someday.  This particular one wasn't for sale, but they pop up every now and then in these stores... Don't worry, I keep my eye out!

I have always wanted a drop leaf table. This one is really nice.  The condition was great!  It was over $200 so it was definitely out of my price range, but this type of piece remains on my NEED list. 

I thought this art was kind of cool.  If you had a blank wall it might look just perfect there.  It's made from pieces of wood and get this, was only marked for $50.  That took way more time than $50!  I was tempted to buy it, but again... no real place for it.  What do you think?  Love it or leave it?

I've seen these before - and see those pink tags?  They were marked 50% off.  It's a King and Queen carved into these old pieces of wood.  Still at $20 each, I resisted.  If I only had more walls for all this weird art I like. 


And this caught my eye... I thought it was a doll house and I wanted to buy it for Ella.  But then, I realized I was a goober and it was a bird house. 



And then I found a few things that I want to try and not buy!  But seriously, these are things I could make!  I think...

This stencilled burlap runner!  Love.  I probably wouldn't do the rooster, but maybe a flower of some sort or pattern just on the ends.  This should be a fairly easy project.  Maybe I'll enlist the help of my mother since she did the burlap for under the centerpieces at the wedding.

How super easy is this one?!?!  These are just letters cut out in felt.  I can't believe how easy and cheap!  And I don't have ANY Easter decor. 


And this would be very cool for a music room or just an accent piece to a  loft.  It's definitely a conversation piece.  I've seen these little records at goodwill for $1 a piece.  I actually think my mom picked up a few and here's an idea she could do!


So that's what we saw while we were out.  We didn't find anything we were looking for, but we did find some things!  I'll share those tomorrow!  I think they were good finds!  Ok, now off to take a walk!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...