3.17.2012

Pantry { Part Two }

So I am working on making my pantry a bit more appealing as well as organized. 
I wanted to post this yesterday, but Mr. K stole my computer all afternoon and evening.  Better late than never, right?

I am a googler...
I google everything.  I never really got on the Bing train.

But I google printables all the time.  So I searched for "Printable Pantry Labels" and I came up with a TON of different options.  Some came with words on the labels and others were blank.  After looking at the ones that were pre-made, I decided to go with the blank ones to make the sorting a bit easier for me. 

These are from Just Something I Made.  I printed them out on card stock and started writing my labels. 


Once I had all the items written, I cut them out and was thinking of an easy way to attach them in the current pantry.  We have those plasticky wire shelves in there (which I'd love to get rid of) and they aren't going anywhere soon.  But I wanted something that I could easily move in case I had to rearrange the goods at any given time.  Which, lets be real, is probably going to happen soon. 

I had some clothes pins laying around in my craft box that were leftover from my advent calendar this past holiday.  I took a little modge podge and painted it on then added the label. 



Here's what they looked like after.  Sorry for the blurry picture.  Not sure what happened. 


I had previously separated all the areas of the pantry out.  Once I got the liquor out of there, I had a little more room to work with.  My different categories ended up being: Rice/Potatoes, Breakfast, Chips, Misc/Extras, Pasta, Baking, Canned Goods, Crackers, Drinks/Teas, Vinegars/Oils, Bread, and Snacks. 

You can {barely} see the labels in the picture below, but they are there.

I think this is a good set up for now.  Here they are a bit closer. 


There are still a few things I'd like to change - like getting canisters for some items in the baking section, adding a couple of baskets for certain categories to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing, and then finishing up the other side of the pantry which needs a new bench and some sort of fixing up of the dog bowls. 

I'm hoping to get these things taken care of before I go back to work in a few weeks.  But it's going to take a little bit of searching out items and I'm not sure how readily available the items I want will be. 

At least for now, I have an organized pantry that has completely confused my husband, but I feel a lot better about it.  I think baskets will really help it to not look so cluttered.  Off to look!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...