3.14.2012

Pantry { Part One }

It was GORGEOUS out yesterday.  And with that beautiful weather came a burst of energy and need to do something.  Or should I say somethings.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Our Garage is a hot mess.  And since it was so nice out, I thought I'd throw Ella in her seat and sit her in the garage with me while I threw TONS of stuff in the trash that was having a hard time making it's way to the trash bin, I swept the floors and tried to get most of those loose leaves and any other debris I could find out, and I decided to attempt to start to reorganize our shelves that we have in there. 

We just have cheapo shelving - you know, those plastic, assemble in 2.2 seconds shelves.  They serve their purpose although, I am scouring craigslist lately for cabinets to put in there.  It would look so much nicer and not to mention, possibly add some value to our house or at least make it stand out from others around here. 

With that being said, when I was reorganizing our shelves I had something in mind to move out to them.  This leads me to part one of our pantry reorganization.  See in this picture below all the booze we have on that top shelf?!?  I know, it's kind of out of control.  You'd probably think we are drinkers from seeing that much alcohol, but we aren't!  REALLY!  I mean, I occasionally indulge myself with a bottle of SkinnyGirl or have a margarita when we are out, but if we are drinking in, it's beer or wine.  Nothing fancy.  And since I'm not a drinker, I don't even really know what is for what, but you name it and we have it!


So I wanted to move it somewhere where it was out of the way and still completely accessible. 
THE GARAGE! 

And I was able to clean off a shelf to make room for it all. 


Thank goodness it's out of my way now and I have more room to work with in our painful pantry.  It's so out of control, but at least our always growing (not sure why) alcohol collection has a new happy home! 


Next up, making this...


Look like this...

Photobucket
via

Yea, right!


1 comment:

laxsupermom said...

Looking forward to seeing your pantry organization ideas! Mine needs a complete overhaul, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...