1.06.2011

-- 2011 Home Goals --

So, this is the year that I'm hoping to actually make my house a home.  Yeah, yeah... I know what you are thinking...
She's been there for 3 whole years and it's not a home yet? 

Well, no...  It's not.  I can't help it.  I get sidetracked.  I got a new job, a new puppy, and married in those three years and welp, the house has suffered!  So... I'm ready to take it back!  Here are my goals for the house, room by room. 

Living Room:  Remember my inspiration from the other day? 
To get new rug
To get chair reupholstered
To finish ottoman for coffee table or get new coffee table
Fix all paint around edges
New Carpet or if I can convince Mike, hardwood laminate. 

Pantry
To Set up hooks and bench seat
Fix up walls with somesort of chalk walk
Hooks for mops etc.
Organize shelves

Something A la This!
source
Kitchen
Build banquette for corner
Install Light fixture
Paint cabinets and add hardware
Install island?

source

source
Stairway:
Have painted
Hang picture/art wall

I think these are the best representation of my goal with the stairway!

source

source

Master Bedroom: 
Fix all edge painting
New furniture
Replace curtains and rods
Find new chair
Add bench to end of bed

Here's an ok picture of what I have so far.


Master Bath:
Finish accesorizing
New Shower curtain
Paint vanity

Loft:
NEEDS AN ENTIRE MAKEOVER!!!
Mabye this would be nice...

Office:
Organize
Bulletin Board
New Chair
Style Bookcases

Guest Bath:
Paint
Replace faucet

Guest Room:
Hang chair rail
Paint above and below rail
New comforter/bedding
reupholster chair

I was thinking something like this!

source
Upstairs Hallway:
Paint and hang picture ledge

That list is probably supposed to include more per room.  Or at least I'm sure it will grow throughout the year!

Stay tuned!  Tomorrow I'm posting a house tour... should be interesting!

But for now...how do you think I could incorporate this into my house?!?
How awesome!

source


***PS this post is linked up with Nesting Place's Link Party***

2 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Good luck with all these goals...Can't wait to see the banquet in the kitchen...I too am working on my kitchen, I need to finish painting the cabinets..Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Jessica said...

Found your link through the Nester...great, focused goals. And just like you, I too am all about making my house a HOME. Bring it on, 2011!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...