1.31.2011

-- Snow Day(s)? --

Blizzard Watches?  Winter Weather Advisories?  Winter Storm Warnings?!?!  Yes, I said WARNING!  As in "The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... sleet and freezing rain... The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect."

via wthr.com
Man, is it me or do they mean business?  All the CAPS ON WEATHER.COM sometimes scares me.  Is it to make us worry a little bit more?  Maybe it's a conspiracy with the retail stores to get us to go out and buy more before the storm of the century hits us...


I will say though that a couple of years ago, my parents got hit with a nasty snow storm and they were without power for 5 days.... it was like going back in time... no TV, no heaters, no lights... until they bought a generator, but even then it wasn't the greatest! 

I'm secretly hoping that tomorrow will be a snow day for me so I can get all my blogity blogs lined up and ready to go!  I didn't blog all weekend and when it came time to this morning, I just wasn't feeling what I had.  With the impending doom of a snowstorm that is headed our way, I'm guessing that there may be a little time over the next couple of days to catch up...

Until then, enjoy what my friends at the weather.com are saying about this Ice/Snow Monster Storm...
And stay safe and warm!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...