9.12.2011

Sara's Wedding

I do apologize in advance for the crappy photos.  I think my camera has seen better days... or needs a good maintenance.  Hmmm...

Anywho... this past weekend we went to Sara's Wedding. You remember, the one with the brooch bouquet my mom made?!? 

It was my first Jewish/Quaker wedding...
Yes, you read that correctly.
And I loved every minute and detail of it!

It was a circular ceremony - not more than 20-25 minutes.  Once the wedding party had walked in, we all closed the circle around the Hoopa.  Sara and Joe stood up there together looking so dashing and darling and dapper! 


How stinking cute are they?!?  I only took a few pictures with the flash as a courtesy to the photographer who was moving all around the circle.  Someone at our wedding ruined quite a few photos by flashing in our photographers pictures so I decided to not ruin their moments. 


Look at Sara - Isn't she just too cute!?!
The little hat attached to her veil was her grandmothers from her wedding 57 years ago.
Loved how they incorporated that something old.


After the ceremony, there was Bluegrass entertainment. 
Which, I was a little leery of at first, but it was a blast! 
We ended up square dancing and just bouncing and tapping our feet all night!


Sara had the sweetest little vignettes placed on each table.  Just something simple and lovely.


Sara & Joe had also made these little cross stitch hangers for the back of their chairs. 
They say Mr. & Mrs. Fox. 


The bouquets sitting on the wedding party table.


The entry table had pictures of all their family marriages as well as a typewriter, which they used as their guestbook.  Everyone was asked to type a little message to the bride and groom. 



Then there was the skating crew being represented of course. 
Please don't judge me in this picture.  No clothes are fitting anymore and this one clearly was not flattering!

Me, Jill, Sara, Nancy, Jennifer

Sara & I - She's "holding" the baby

All in all it was a wonderful night with great friends, entertainment, food, and feel!  The atmosphere was so great!  I heard that the drinks were to die for... like Candy was what I kept hearing.  They served a signature punch in mason jars.  Love.  But it was just another great party! 

Thanks to The Darling's for having Mr. K & I.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and wish you all the very best!!! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...