2.20.2012

Guest Bedroom Reveal

This has been a long time coming!  Seriously!  I mean, my house is finally painted... and now, almost all of the rooms are finished to the point where I feel like people can see them.  There are still a few things going on in this room that still need to be changed, but being on a budget, I will have to wait. 

Starting with this chair... It's the first thing you see when you enter the room.  It's an old chair that I got from my cousin.  Under this hounds tooth, there is a greeny-yellow, 1970s fabric that is tufted.  I'd really like to redo this chair, but I'm not sure that my upholstery skills are up to par yet.  So for now, the chair is covered with a black and white checked/hounds tooth blanket - I actually think it works for now. 

The curtains have moved from our once office to the now guest bedroom/office.  They actually work really well in here with this color.  The color is Artichoke by Valspar.  I really enjoy it.  I wanted to paint the loft this color but with only one window in that room, it would have been too dark.  Here it works though.  I think it makes the room very homey and cozy. 


The lamp is a redone goodwill lamp that was probably under $5 and the shade is also from goodwill.  The lamp started bronze and when to white.  The white is a nice contrast in this room with the dark walls.  And of course, Lex wanted to be involved in this post so he's looking out the window. 


When the office became the nursery, we had to find a new place for our "office."  So we originally moved the desk to the loft and had it flanked with bookcases, but I never really liked it in there so when I was about 8 months pregnant, I had the great idea to move it back here!  And so it stays...

 It actually got stuck in the hall for a hot minute while I was moving it because I knew if I asked my husband to move it, he'd say no.  And he did so he tried to move it back, but I sat on top of it until he agreed to help me move it into this room.  I actually kind of like it here. 


Above it is the re-vamped bulletin board which I posted about yesterday, and two leftover cream frames that I had from working on my gallery wall.  This room is a semi-eclectic mix of items which a color theme to keep them all working together.  The top photo is of my grandmother and the bottom is of me and my little brother from a while back.  I think it is about 10 years ago... oh how the time flies. 


Then there is the sleeping set up.  The bed we found a goodwill for $15.  We've yet to finish spraying the rest of the bed, so right now the headboard is the only piece in here.  Then we have these bedside tables that I found about 3 years ago at an antique store downtown for $30.  They will need to have their color changed or be swapped out at some point.

Then there's the shelf that used to hang in the hallway leading to this bedroom.  I ended up hanging pictures gallery style on that wall and needed a place to put this shelf.  I actually think it looks pretty good, although I'm not sure if it should be on this wall or not.  I think once I hang something interesting but small underneath the shelf and change out the lights.... I think it will look better. 

But there you have it...
Our Guest Bedroom...
Finally revealed. 
It's only taken me 3 years to get it semi-finished but it's finally presentable. 

Items to still change:
Lamps
Bedside Tables
Sheets/Comforter
Chair
Time to start saving and thrifting again! 
YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...