3.13.2014

House Tour : Kitchen Update

It's amazing to look back at pictures I just took this fall and see how far my home has come!  Especially my downstairs!  The paint has done crazy wonders and I couldn't be happier with it!

Remember how my kitchen looked... almost since the time we moved in?
Tan paint, hand me down table, and some new-ish chairs I'd picked up along the way...


Then I made a trip to Ikea and purchased some Expedit Bookcases to make the banquette I'd been wanting forever and It brightened it up a little bit and opened it up a bit...


This really brightened the space up but I was determined to repaint... 
The living room/kitchen was the only room in my house that hadn't been painted more than 2x.  
So it was time... 

And I am completely in love... 


And even love the little nudie baby that ends up in all my photos...


There's still a few things that need finished...
Like a bench cushion and some pillows, art, and curtains, but we are definitely getting there.


And I went ahead and recovered the chairs since they were looking a little grungy.  


I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby for $8 per yard and I got away with 1 yard... plus I used a 40% off coupon!  Jackpot!


I really like the pattern they bring to the room.


Almost a little whimsy.  :)
Sorry for the lighting in the pictures!  But I'm not going to complain about the sun especially since it snowed again today!

So that's the latest in the Kitchen... More to come, and soon because apparently I had cabin fever and did a lot of things in the last couple weeks and am trying to catch up on blogging them!  :)

xoxo,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...