4.30.2014

Family Time - Stanley Cup Playoff Game

Last Monday we were invited to our first ever playoff game.  Mr K was so excited I think he nearly peed himself.  He's never been to one before and he made sure to mention that to me about a hundred time before the game.  But his best friend had some extra tickets and asked us if we wanted them... so I left work a couple hours early and we made the 3 hour trek to Columbus to see the Blue Jackets play the Penguins!  Yes... Sidney!
When we got there, of course we got some Timmy Horton's which is my all time favorite coffee that you can't yet get in Indiana.  That used to make skating trips to Ohio and Michigan more worthwhile!  This is Ells sitting just outside the Tim Horton's attached to the arena. 

She played outside with Uncle Bricker and his boys for a bit -- I was very surprised how well they all played together. Then we went inside.


And waited for the game to start... Ells doesn't look very excited here, but she was.  The arena was AMAZING... I've been in a lot of rinks but I don't think I've ever been to one so nice.  And did you realize how freaking cute Columbus is?!  I mean, I visited for like 1 hour outside and I'm sold!  I would totally move there... to the Arena District or we even had a quick dinner before hand in a walkable community just outside downtown.  Ummm.... yes please! 



Still waiting...

Now waiting on Dad's lap.  PS. I love this picture.


Time to Battle On!


And let's just note that I had a GREAT time... It was so much fun!  The place was packed!  They even ran out of beer at one point!  But it was loud everyone was standing in our section so I stood for about 2.5 hours watching the game.  And I might actually like to watch professional hockey in person because I can actually follow the puck.  I can't see it when I watch on TV... Don't laugh.
It was an awesome game! 


Ella and Mason mostly took in the foods...


But the hockey was incredible!  The Blue Jackets were winning most of the game...
Probably because we were the fifth line. 
Obviously.


But at some point the 5th line was loud, but not strong because Penguins took the lead in the 3rd... Probably had too much to drink at this point...

And kept it...


And won...


But Stinger just kept drumming on...


And this picture was all I needed even if they didn't win...
Hello future hubby. 
Sidney, Call me.


Oh, crap I was there with my family...
Scratch that - Sidney, Call me (later).

It only took us an hour to get out of the parking garage.  So our 3 hour drive became 4.  And we had to get home for work in the morning... Even 8 was too early since we got home at 230. 

But what a fun time to spend with friends and family. 
Go CBJ!  Beat those Penguins! 

 


*And don't forget to get your You Are My Sunshine Necklace for $14.99!  Start shopping at www.stelladot.com/abbyk and you'll be on your way to having the Mother's Day gifts taken care off!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...