7.07.2015

NYC :: Day 1




So what became my last work trip due to many many other things that came into play over the following couple of weeks was my trip to NYC.  Thank goodness we got this one in. 


We landed in Newark on Sunday morning, did a little work, and then headed into the city for the week.  A little leary of what it would be like, we didn't start off very well when we picked up a gypsy cab right out of the gate and were pulled over by the Newark police and taken to get a REAL cab.  Oops! 


On the way to our hotel in the Finincal District, I snapped this shot.  Appropriate for the day...
And funny... My husband has a whole other meaning for Sunday Funday.





Once we checked in, we put on our walking shoes and headed straight for Battery Park.  The front desk told us if we wanted to see the Statue of Liberty, we should go "today" due to weather coming in and crowds.  So...
We walked by this beautiful history museum...

And the bull which we did not snap a shot at because it was soooooooooooooooooooo crowded...
Hopped the ferry... and made our way over to Lady Liberty.
She is a real beauty.  I'm always amazed at historical things such as this.  I mean the entire area that we were staying in was what they considered "old" new York so all the buildings were graced with architectural detail and history.  Not to mention grandeur. 
Because she was so tall upclsoe this was the best selfie we could do... as you can see my co-worker Morgan was REALLY excited! 

Then the obligatory selfie with Manhattan in the background.  It's unbelievable how big this place is on such a small scale. The floods of people are CRAZY.  The amount of traffic is extreme.  The noise is madness.  I remember thinking on the first day (or 2) I wasn't sure if I liked it and I LOVE big cities! 
We ended the evening at a local corner sushi shop and tried sake.  I'd had warm before... Morgan had not. 





We were not fans...
Cheers to a successful and story filled first day in NYC! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...