3.31.2011

Michael's Room { Idea Two }

So after making my dream room from yesterday's post, I heard that my brother wanted a basketball theme.  Grrrrr(-eat!).  I told my mom he was messing with my vision.  So I decided to throw together a grown up basketball themed room. 

Below is Michael's Bedroom Option two.  It has basketballs that hang from the ceiling, a chalkboard with a basketball court on it, and Sports Illustrated Pictures for artwork.  Pretty good, huh?  I think it's super cute... but I am in total favor of room uno.  While I think this one might be a bit more creative, I think the other is a better fit and something that won't need to be redone again. 


Dresser - Ikea - $279
Other Dresser - Make from Ikea's Rast - $29
Benches - Target -$207
Basketball Chalkboard - Make - $50(?)
Rug - Ikea - $179
Art - Make - $20 (frames)
Curtains - DropCloth - Make - $20

Total = $991(ish)

While I think this one might be a bit more creative, I think the other is a better fit and something that won't need to be redone again. Still an affordable room and something that could be done for cheaper I'm sure, but I think we've decided on #1!!! YAY!!! I love that room! 

So... here we go... hopefully I'll have recaps to post on Monday! 


6 comments:

Design It Chic said...

This looks very nice! You have some talent there, girl. I just discovered your blog from FTLOB and I'm glad I did. I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Thursday

No. 7 said...

I keep seeing that Anthropologie dresser everywhere! Love it. I'm contemplating doing a version in my son's room.

Both room ideas are lovely! Great job. Found you on FTLOB Thirsty Thursday.

Hyphen Interiors said...

I totally agree. I LOVE the first one, though this one isn't bad. You definitely managed to pull basketball in to the room in a creative way. Good work! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I commented back (on my blog) with a link on how to set the Outlook feed up.

P.S. I would respond directly back to the comment email alert with an email, but your comments come in as no-reply. That can be changed in your blogger profile, I think. (Just in case that is helpful.)

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

I love all the rooms. I wish I had the patience to make the idea boards. I need help decorating my kids rooms, they are so boring right now. I bought contemporary furniture that I like but the inspiration stopped there.

Maybe you should help me come up with ideas for a one year old boy's room and a 5 year old girl's room.

best,

elena

Sara said...

I like! Super cute ideas! I'm sure he'll love it!

Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} said...

Ohhh this one is fun too Abby!! And it includes everything he loves which is perfect. That dresser with the 1, 2, and 3 is so rad :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...