7.08.2014

World Cup Excitement

When I was thinking about writing this yesterday, I was thinking of how the World Cup fell off the map since the USA is now out.  Insert super sad face here.  But then I was driving into work this morning and they were talking about it again!  Ole`!  Yay! 


Indianapolis has recently acquired, if that is the right wording, a new professional soccer team.  The Indy Eleven.  They are everywhere (at least right now) it seems.  They will play at the IUPUI campus field, but I imagine they will grow into a new space sooner or later.  I thought about grabbing tickets, but we aren't really a soccer family.  Now the Fuel (new hockey team), I'll really think about that one! 


But anyways with the #worldcup going on, people around here are/were going bonkers! 


So bonkers that the Indy Eleven sponsored a block party last week on Mass Ave.  It's a very trendy party of town, at least I think so.  It's where our favorite toy store is!  So last Tuesday, we grabbed the kiddos... My brother & sister were in town...





I had a headache which is why I'm basically laying down in this picture.


And headed on down to the block party thinking it would be "no big deal."  Boy were we wrong...




You couldn't even move...
We walked around the block to get to the other side of the street...


We picked a seat on the sidewalk at the edge of the grass...




Attempting to view the screen without the statue in the way...




The screens were so clear!  It was kind of crazy! 
Then we waited...




And it started to fill up more...



See that girl standing?  She stood most of the time because she said she was unable to see when sitting...
But the rest of us sitting could see just fine...
*see most of the crowd is sitting*


And then since I didnt' have a seat, I sat on the ground behind someones chair...
S H A D E




It was so hot out there... like probably 90 degrees and no clouds... and they said about 7000 people!
Like I said...
H O T.


So HOT that this girl had some ice cream, water, tea, and an orange juice and sprite that she picked out at the ice cream shop.




Trying to keep cool....





We made it home and were all exhausted, but still had time to take this very patriotic family shot. 
That darn binkie always makes it in anymore...




But even though USA is out, don't forget to watch Brazil vs Germany today! 
I'm sure it'll be a good match! 


And go over to Indy Eleven too and check them out! 
It's something fun to do here in the city!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...