11.25.2009

Wedding Planing Trip Home Part I (Reception Venue)

I need my own computer. Seriously. At this moment, my fiance and I share. That has got to change soon. I may just have to splurge. Problem is…I’M TRYING TO SAVE FOR A WEDDING!

I went home this past weekend and had crazy bad luck. I’m sure many of you are in the same boat as me — planning a wedding from another city. Did your dad tell you “You will get married (insert city name here)?” Well dad, if you are reading this, I’m sorry but you did. It’s ok, but it’s making things very difficult.


While Fort Wayne is only 1 hour and 45 min away from Indianapolis, parts of it may be 10-15 years behind. I’m sorry, but it is. It’s working on it but this is making my “dream wedding” a bit harder than once anticipated. Reception venues were harder to find. Ceremony sites are proving to be very tircky. I’m still plugging away at it though. Cake makers…well, that’s a-whole-nother blog. I haven’t attempted florists yet. Thank god for Etsy, SMP, and Wedding Chicks or I’d be lost and gone forever!


But while I was home this weekend, I had a goal of finding a cake shop, a ceremony site or a church, a place to get suits for the gusys and anything else that we could do. I also had to stop at the reception venue to ACTUALLY see it. Up to this point, my mom was the only one who had seen it. It’s Gorgeous! The Philmore on Broadway was originallyy opened in 1923 as the Broadway Theater. See the pictures below as it’s still undergoing a bit more renovation from being a straight restaurant. I love it! now it’s going to be a Jazz Club and Events Center! Lucky for me because this place is a Gem!
*M*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...