11.22.2010

-- Thanksgiving Menu --

Last year I did My First Thanksgiving.  This year, we'll be back up in Good Ol' Fort Wayne.  So, once again we'll be attending two and I'll be cooking one at my mom's house!  It's very interesting how this stuff happens, right?!  And every one's is a bit different...

In the heart of Martha, I'll be using a Cheesecloth again on the turkey.  I thought this was DELICIOUS and it seemed to keep the turkey pretty moist!  I saw the recipe on a Martha Thanksgiving special last year and kept rewinding on the DVR to make sure I was doing it right.  This year, it's all me. 


My turkey from last year.

For our Appetizers we will again be doing the Marscapone Cheese Stuffed Dates wrapped in Prosciutto. These were a major hit last year and were requested again by my mom.  See the Giada recipe here.  I think I might also try something with polenta because we have a block of it and I don't know what else to do with it.  Still undecided on bit appetizer two.  Then we'll have a veggie tray. 

We are going to make a salad that will include a spring mix lettuce, almonds, cranberries, red onions, blue cheese, and some bacon crumbles with an italian-ish dressing.  Dressing is still a bit undecided as well.  Looking for a recipe...any suggestions?! 

Side Dishes are a lot like last year as well.  We are just doing steamed green beans with onions, broiled sweet potato chunks with olive oil, salt and pepper that my mom makes, homemade mashed potatoes, Roasted Acorn Squash, Dried Cherry and Italian Sausage Stuffing, and I think that's it.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something. 

Desserts will include Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake (from Sam's), Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Whoopies, and something else that is still somewhat undecided. 

I'm hoping all turns out well.  It's me and my mom cooking in her new kitchen.  I'm sure lots of pictures will come from that day!  :)  Oh...I almost forgot the most important things!!!  LOTS OF WINE AND BEER!  :)  Well, maybe not too much due to the definite oncoming of headaches from drinking, but I know I love me a little glass o' red!

Now off to figure out the table settings... What do you think of these ideas?!



Countdown to Thanksgiving: 3 days! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...