12.21.2011

12 Days of Christmas { Gift Wrapping }

Since I came down with the Flu on Sunday and didn't remember to take any pictures at the FFSC Skate with Santa Event, I am having to change my game plan a little here for the 12 Days of Christmas line up. 

Instead of Skate with Santa, we are skipping to Gift Wrapping.  Usually this is one of my favorite things to get creative on.  I use brown wrapping paper mostly and accent with ornaments, string, ribbon, bows, etc.  However, because I'm feeling a little behind this year, I am using old wrapping paper that I still have left from previous years at home. 

I'm still going to get a little creative hopefully.  And here are some inspirations in wrapping to get those juices flowing...

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings:

*These are a few of my favorite things...
Oops... I'll stop singing now.  This trend of wrapping though has been taken to a new level.  It used to be literally just that - brown paper packages tied up with strings.  It's now an art.  I love to wrap and I love to use the brown paper as a backdrop because it allows for so many other things to be used!!! 

See these below that use all different kinds of elements and are fairly easy for the most part! 
 
via

What a great way to wrap things up for coworkers.  These are just brown boxes tied with strings.  You could use all different kinds of string or ribbon and get the same effect.  Simply chic.

via


These get a little more intense although I do still think just about anyone could do them!  Using gift tags you can take a plain Jane brown box to a sassy little statement piece under the tree.  Or, cut out your own snowflakes and top the boxes with those!  That will definitely add charm, character, and love to any plain brown package!  Or maybe you like to stamp or draw... make your own design on the brown paper!  The possibilities are almost endless!  And the best part... you aren't breaking the bank!

via

Here's another example of adding gift tags and ribbon.  And they even used a little bit of greenery to change it up!  Again, easy and simple.  And since you aren't splurging on the wrapping paper itself, you totally can on the ribbon!  

via

Now, I will say that these seem to be a little more complex, but I couldn't leave them out because they are just too beautiful!  So many options and different elements used!  Think of the possibilities!

via

Another personal favorite!  And if you are like me, you'll never forget which gift is for who again!  Label them with the names as decor!  Use newspaper, scrapbook paper, stickers, or whatever to paste the name of the recipient right on the front of the package!  Looks great! 

via

And lastly one of the latest trends is using that Japanese tape out there that comes in all different kinds of colors and patterns.  It is a little more expensive, but like I said before, if you aren't splurging on the paper itself, you can on the accents! 

Using Coordinating Colors:

*Another favorite way of mine to wrap is using coordinating colors and patterns.  It's almost like interior design.  As long as you have a colors scheme going, your packages will always look good under the glistening Christmas Tree!  I got this from my mom which I'm sure many of you did.  She'd always choose coordinating papers and the tree always looked magical on the morning of Christmas! 

via


via

via

And the colors aren't restricted to red, green, and white... get crazy and use pinks and blues and oranges!  Your holidays will be way more fun that way!   
 
via

via

Gift Bags & Boxes:

*And we never want to forget our lovely fall back plan... the gift bag.  You know we've all done it.  It's not always just a fall back plan either... sometimes items just fit better in a gift bag or box.  But you don't always have to use just the store bought gift bags... buy plain ones and make them your own with printable labels like below.  Or dress them up just like those brown paper packages! 

09 22 Creative Gift Wrap Ideas for the Holidays
via

via

Random Ideas:

*And just because I enjoy a little bit of funk... here's a cute idea if you have the time for it!  I know my sister would appreciate this wrapping... she may not even open her package!  ha ha.  You could also make them look like Santa if you wanted... or an Elf for that matter.  Get creative! 

via

Or use fabric.  It's an easy, reuseable way to wrap these days!  And it's becoming more popular too!  Grab scraps you have on hand... or go grab the discounted scraps from the store.  It's probably comparable to the price of wrapping paper and can be used again!

via

And lastly, why not give the gift of cash on top of the gift!  I wish all my packages came wrapped like this one!  Of course, you'd need to be extremely careful not to ruin the extra $$$!  But easy and cute and everyone loves cash at the holidays! 

via

So there you have it... tons of ideas on how to wrap this season!  Are you done wrapping?  Did you use any of these techniques?!?  I'm not even close probably because I'm not done shopping yet!  Oops!  Better get going on that one... hoping to be done by tonight!  :)

Christmas Countdown: 4 days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...