1.12.2012

I RESOLVE 2012





Read more books -
Already starting this one on the right foot!  I've been reading The Help and attempting to read it nightly.  It's a long book, but I'm sure I can get through it.  Then I have The Hunger Games on my To Read list as well as some home decor books.  I always start out right with this goal and it fails as the year gets busier and busier.  I just need to make sure to make time.  And find GOOD books.  Any suggestions?

Go to gym religiously -
By religiously, I mean 3-4x a week.  I think that is doable.  I hope it is.  This baby weight is going to have to come off ASAP!  Someone at work told me that I should make a new years resolution to lose weight because once Baby Girl comes, that will be a check!  haha... I laughed.  I think the gym should still be involved. 

Go to church -
Mr K and I are not that religious.  We both grew up Catholic, went to church, went to Catholic schools and then stopped going to church.  With the baby, we'll need to start going again, but finding a church that you like and that you don't feel like they are shoving God down your throat is hard.  I'm hoping we'll be able to find one to work for us. 

Pay Off Debt & SAVE SAVE SAVE -
Enough said?  I'm thinking about trying the Dave Ramsey system.  I was reading over at Thrifty Decor Chick (who I occasionally run into at Goodwill's around town - she has no idea who I am) that they paid off some crazy amounts of debt!  I'd love to do that.  I can be poor for a while, right?!?  I can be poor now to be secure later right?  I think yes.

Blog Monday through Friday -
Goal - To give you GOOD posts Monday through Friday.  I'm sure this year will be filled with many baby posts and I'd like to offer a DIY of some sort once a week.  I'll have to get my creative juices flowing for this one.  There are so many things to do around my house though that I don't see it being a problem. 

Use more coupons -
This is starting ASAP.  I need to do better with our money.  Coupons to me need planning so I'm going to try to get organized and set up a time on the weekends whether it be Sunday a week prior or Sunday for that week to get to clipping and planning the weeks foodies. 

Keep house cleaned up -
Mr K and I are those people who let clutter hang around until someone tells us they are stopping by.  Oops!  I've been working on this lately.  It's a part of the nesting thing I'm told.  But our house has to be more organized and cleaner!  I was working on using a cleaning calendar I found on the blogosphere, but I might have to start in Feb. 

Mike New Car -
I'd love sometime this year for Mr. K to get a new car.  His car will be paid off come March and we'll need something dependable that's not going to continue to cost me a fortune.   And with Baby Girl arriving soon, I want her to be in something safe.  Problem is that Mr. K LOVES his car (minus the troubles it gives us on occasion) and he thinks it's completely safe.  This will be a hard sell because we could use the money to pay down some debt as is a goal from above. 

12 in 12 Family Pictures -
I got this idea from Rachel over at Running Backwards in High Heels.  The idea is to take a family picture every month of the year!  I love this idea... although it means that I'll probably have to take the time to make myself look presentable again!  Ugh to that!  And it probably means that our January picture will either be with baby or without baby and if it's with then our family photo for that month will be me in my pretty labor and delivery get-up!  Oh well, everyone has that picture, right?!? 

Oh yea, and we'll be having a baby!  That's a big one, right?  Probably should have added that one in... oh well, it's a given. 

And please, hold me accountable!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...