12.15.2014

Holiday Living Room Tour 2014

Link party holiday house walk tag

This year I decided I'd take a few pictures of the house with our holiday decorations up to share over with Jennifer Rizzo and friends at the 2014 Holiday House Walk Link party!  I'm not sure how I feel about my décor this year -- I was trying to stay white, cream, gold, and greenery downstairs, but I'm not sure how effective that was.  I tried to do a couple of easy DIYs which I'm hoping to share this week.






I'm loving the clean crisp look of the entry.  I think the green looks lovely against the brown. 




The living room I added some pillows and whatever else I could find that fit the white, cream, gold, or green criteria. I wish there was a way to add a wall between my living room and kitchen for pictures but then take it down all other times. 








These glitter sticks which are hard to see are from a West Elm Craft night that I participated in with a friend.  They needed a home and here they are anchored in ornaments. 





Another DIY is this feather garland.  I'm in love with it.  This picture really doesn't do it justice. 





The stockings are not hung by the chimney with care because we don't have one so we hung them on the ladder this year.  I love this spot for them.  I added a little DIY Pom Pom garland here too.





And flannel(ish) blankets from Old Navy are nice little details and some warmth during the cold nights.






And my tree this year might be my favorite.  It's a little on the big side, but we do love it.  And I think my addition of the champagne colored ornaments and twine really added a nice little something. 



My house just isn't photographing well or feeling as warm as it usually does this time of year.  :( 
Oh well...
Maybe I'll grab some new stuff for next year. 
Happy Holidays!









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...