12.17.2014

A Holiday Wish List :: For Me (and others... like me)



This year I decided to make a little wish list for myself.  It started on my phone in September.  Mr. K's mom always asks for one from me so I figured I'd better have something at the ready.  It's changed a lot over the last few months, but here's my final wish list for 2014!  It's also a great gift guide if you are having to buy for someone who is a woman, loves target and nate berkus or threshold items, wants to get organized, loves home décor and DIY and loves to eat some AMAZING chocolates!




First on my list is these Nate Berkus Scissors or Shears in Gold.  Everyone has them so of course, I need them, but I find it hard to buy $17 scissors for myself.  I don't know why but I do.  Perfect gift under $20 for the crafty girl.  I think it was on one of my other gift guides.




I'm going to get organized in 2015 with a Erin Condren Planner -- hopefully.  Hint Hint Mr. K.  I love this thing as it has EVERYTHING at the ready for someone who lives by a planner!  And who doesn't these days!  I've tried my calendar on my phone, but it's just not the same.








I've been wanting to do a DIY like this Target Stool forever now, but just haven't gotten around to it and at about $60, why not just bite the bullet and buy it for me, right?!  Haha, but seriously.  It's the perfect accent for winter décor, but also work in the warmer months and would look fabulous in front of my wing chairs.







I've been needing a rug for under my dining table for a while now... although after last night playdoh mess I might need to rethink this... but this Seagrass Rug that can be found at Overstock.com is really quite great for a neutral to add texture and warmth to a room.  And it's only like $80 right now!  Score!







Next on my DIY to do list is to paint our cabinets and I've heard so many good things about Rustoleum Paint Kits that I'm ready to try it.  I'd like the Whisper color for the bottom cabinets and white for the tops... I think I'd only need two of them and it might even be a weekend project! 


















Another DIY that I need to finish is my island out of an old cabinet.  It still needs a Butcher Block Counter which I found at Menards and I think I only need the $80 version.  YAY!  So... Menards gift cards anyone!? 






And Christmas would not be complete with my absolute favorite chocolates since like 2000... Vosges Haut Chocolates.  Based in Chicago, I started getting these from my skating coach long ago... her Daughter helped start the business.  She's since moved on, but I still LOVE their exotic chocolates.  They are delicious and different and truly are a show stopper!  Perfect for any occasion, but Christmas is usually when I ask for them. 


So there you have it... what I'm asking for this year.  I always ask for other things along the way and also because my wish list usually is based online I try to give other options too... But this is a great round up of what I've got my eye on for Christmas this year! 


Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!








.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...